• SMALL DESK ORGANISATION IDEAS| BACK TO SCHOOL SERIES

A workspace should be able to set the mood for productivity. Consider your workspace as your state of mind, when everything is in chaos, efficiency is hard to achieve. The same  goes for our workspace. This post is part of the back to school series an its about small desk organisation ideas. I know that not everyone has the luxury of having a whole room designated as a workspace for either school work or office duties, like myself most people have the little corner in their room to place their desk. Here is a post to help your organise and maximise your space five easy ways.

small desk organisation ideas

“Consider your workspace as your state of mind, when everything is in chaos, efficiency is hard to achieve”.

desk

If you are lacking space,there are clever ways of maximising what you have available with clever choice of furniture. I love white furniture personally because lighter colours have a way of opening up a space, glass or perspex also gives the illusion of space. Consider your space and check which measurements you have to have in mind when buying a desk. To achieve a clutter free look,but furniture that comes with drawers to keep your supplies away from sight. My desk is only 98cm in length and 32cm in width so ideal for demonstrating small desk organisation ideas. I got it from ikea,

it might not be available any longer but you can find a similar ones  here  and here.  It didn’t come with marble at the front , it was a DIY I did with fablon /contact paper. Although this is a relatively small desk, it is ideal for ensuring that I keep within the limits of what I keep at my workspace. This leads us to how to store your supplies.

“lighter colours have a way of opening up a space”

basket  planner   letter holder journal

tealight holder highlighter

clipboard  faux fur rug

small desk organisation ideas

BACK TO SCHOOL|HOW TO GET ORGANISED FOR SCHOOL:SCHOOL BAG EDITION

Are you on a mission to organise your life? drop in the comments below what your biggest challenge is.

10 Comments

1. September 7, 2017 / 10:02 pm

Your office is the cutest!! I can use some tips on how to stay organized and this was perfect!

2. September 8, 2017 / 7:40 am

I’m obsessed with pretty, organized desk spaces. As a mom, I can always use extra tips to keep my workspace organized. Thanks for sharing!

3. September 8, 2017 / 9:48 am

The decor you show here is gorgeous! I can only work when my space is clean and actually write a lot of posts on productivity, declutter and organization. A clean space helps your mind to focus better and I love your style!

4. Amrita Basu (Misra)
      September 8, 2017 / 1:51 pm

Loved all the tips.Most important is to stop buying extra stuff .That’s very important.Until we control that nothing works

5. September 8, 2017 / 7:58 pm

I love the way you have organised all your drawers and office space. Although its not a large area you have managed to fit so much in without it looking cluttered.

6. September 10, 2017 / 7:01 pm

As an educator and blogger, stationary and organization are really my thing, or at least I try to make them my thing. I enjoyed reading through this to catch someone else’s opinion on what good organization looks like. I think, ultimately, you did a better job than I!

• Marianne Nambu
        Author
        September 10, 2017 / 6:31 pm

7. August 23, 2018 / 4:10 pm

Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!