This blog post is to raise awareness about the problem of food waste and Tesco’s effort to reduce this.
This is a sponsored post by Tesco Orchard . They sent me coupons to buy and try the Tesco PERFECTLY IMPERFECT and Eat Fresh, Keep Fresh chicken range out.
So I picked up some chicken breast fillets to share this wonderful recipe with you.
The Perfectly imperfect range stocks fruits, vegetables that are misshapen but otherwise fine to eat and the Eat Fresh, Keep Fresh range packages chicken cleverly to keep them fresh.
Tesco is working with local charities and community groups as part of their Community Food Connection programme.
They are committed to donating good quality surplus food to charities and community groups that help to feed those in need.
You can check out which local stores are part taking in this programme HERE
Be rest assured, the quality and health of the food in the range are passed through ‘food standards’ to verify their wholesomeness.
FOR STIR FRY
600g chicken breast fillets
salt (as needed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
450g mixed vegetable stir fry
1 large onion chopped
3 assorted colours bell peppers
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Maggie shrimp cube
TO MARINADE CHICKEN
homemade marinade of peri peri sauce and maggie dawada cube
1. Pour oil into wok and heat till hot. Pour in the marinated diced chicken fillets and fry until chicken browns lightly.
Remove the chicken onto a plate to be used later.
2. Add chopped onions and fry until golden and add sliced bell peppers and sauté for a couple of minutes.
3. Pour in the vegetable stir fry mix and stir gently with a wooden spatula to ensure that everything is mixed in properly.
4. Add in your seasoning at this point.
5. Pour the chicken back into the stir fry and toss everything together. Allow stir fry to sit on low heat for a couple of minutes, making sure that the vegetables don’t go soft.
To be Served with boiled rice mixed with spaghetti ( because I am just extra lol)