Self Care Tips are flooding cyberspace. Reason being that one, it is a catchy topic to write about and two, the importance of Self Care Tips is undeniable. Promoting mental, physical and emotional wellbeing is very important to our survival as human beings. Problems, trials and tribulations are an everyday part of life, however how we deal with those situations define who we are.
Self Care Tips |6 Ways To Promote Mental, Physical and Emotional Wellbeing
Let it go:
- Holding on to grudges, hurt, grievances, prejudice and pain of the past only burden us and make us lose focus. It is not easy, however making the conscious effort to rid yourself of such vices is a big step towards your future.
- Think about it, allowing a past situation that has nothing to do with your future to affect your happiness in the present is going to be a loss for the past, present and future.
- Your past surely has a bearing on your journey towards growth, why not make the experience a positive and an uplifting one?
Learn Something New:
- Next on our Self Care Tips is to engage your mental faculties. Everyday, we grow physically. It is important to enliven your brain by teaching it something new. Holding on to the archaic stunts your growth.
- Whereas pursuing a whole degree may be long and arduous, adding to your knowledge about a simple subject may not be, so learn a new skill.
- Be open-minded about people who you consider to have different perspectives to yours, you may learn something that can impact on your way of thinking.
- Read a book, I love listening to audio books while I do my chores. The great thing about audiobooks is that you do not need to buy a whole new gadget for that, just download a book of your choice from the app store on your mobile device and you are ready to go. They are an easier way to read for busy people.It’s great for multitasking, I usually set it on ‘read loud’ when doing chores. It takes your concentration off drudgery tasks and engages your imagination all in one.
This cannot be stressed enough! Food fuels the body. Consider the following scenarios
- Not fuelling your car but expecting it to mobilise
- Overfilling your car’s fuel tank leading to fuel going to the wrong places and damaging your car’s engine
- Filling your gas tank with the wrong fuel and damaging your car’s engine.
All the above scenarios spells doom for your vehicle and therefore people hardly commit those sins. However, the body works in the same way but for some reason, when it comes to the body, our vehicle to take us through our live’s journey, we tend to blatantly overlook what under-fuelling, over-fuelling and wrongly fuelling does to our bodies. It’s crazy right?
- Treat your body like the temple that it is and eat a well-balanced diet.
- Peace and calm are definitely things every person would benefit from in this world of chaos. Minindfulness is basically a practice that allows you to be attentive in the present moment by channelling your thoughts and feelings into a position of calm. I love this practice because it allows me to ponder on my emotions in a given situation, to analyse them and to make decisions in an environment of peace.
- When we panic, our heart’s race goes faster which also affects our breathing. When we are in such a state, our decision-making could be rushed and not well thought out leading to mistakes.
Write it down:
- Our brains are always processing information,We constantly think, ideate and plan. With the amount of data we feed ourselves in a day, we may forget certain salient points.
- Writing down our thoughts give life to them and take them a step towards achievable. Organise your life by using a planner.
- It is ideal to do a descriptive write-up of how you wished things to be and then proceed to write down what steps you can take to achieve them.
- There is nothing selfish about taking time for yourself. You need to be in the right state physically, mentally and emotionally before being able to care for others. Trust me, the people you care for like to see you strong.
- You rather burden them with worry when they see you making so much effort to care for them, but you are dwelling in self- loathing or are at your wit’s end. Learn about how to unwind through hygge. We need to learn to love ourselves
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”~ This quote is ascribed to Buddha
SHOP THE LOOK